The Worldwide Scattered Brethren Network
Connecting Scattered Brethren throughout the United States
and around the world
"...that he might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad." (Jo. 11:52)
Almost immediately following the death of Jesus’ apostles, forces of Greek philosophy and the Eastern mystery religions began to exert their influence on the first century churches of God. Those clinging to the biblical faith became fewer and fewer in number and within just a couple of centuries they were the scattered minority. Philosophy and Mysteries took root in the rising official church teachings of the fourth and fifth centuries, with growing persecution and death to any who would attempt to get back to the roots of the Christian faith as believed in the early first century church.
The Worldwide Scattered Brethren Network is a recent modern day effort to reach those whom God is calling back to the true faith of Jesus and his apostles, and establish a network within which meaningful organization can occur on local levels. We are not a church and don’t knock on doors. We don’t have pamphlets with scary looking creatures to leave on your doorstep. The original Christian faith was simply a community of biblically based believers who were not encumbered with preconceived notions which came about through official creeds of later church councils. Today, the number of those who adhere to those original beliefs are small, but growing.
What we are finding is that there are many who have always sensed something is wrong with the teachings of the established orthodox churches, but never considered there were others like them questioning these same erroneous teachings. But the fact is that there have been “scattered brethren” alive and well for centuries clinging to the biblical faith and announcing the true gospel of the coming Kingdom to whomever would listen. They have been a small voice in the wilderness of religious confusion, quietly worshipping in small groups and congregations here and there.
The following are the primary beliefs of our Worldwide Scattered Brethren Network. We believe these are consistent with the overwhelming proof of the biblical data and the faith of the early church. No doubt you will notice immediately how at odds they are with what you may have been taught:
1. God is only one “person”, not a trinity of persons. He is the Father, the Creator, and has His own personal name, Yahweh. He is repeatedly called the Father and God of the lord Jesus Christ.
2. Jesus the Christ (Messiah, or Anointed One) is the Son of God, not God the Son. Jesus has a God, just like we do. Jesus is our Savior, soon coming King, High Priest, and unique human agent of the One God. According to the Bible, he was miraculously begotten and has been raised from the dead to a position at the right hand of God. He did not "pre-exist", but first came into existence in the womb of his human mother by miracle of holy spirit.
3. The holy spirit is not a person. It is the operational power and presence of God on earth and in the believer of the biblical Jesus, his Father, and the gospel of the coming Kingdom.
4. The Gospel concerns the coming Kingdom of God to this earth at the hands of the Messiah Jesus, through whom we have forgiveness of sins and the establishment of the New Covenant through his blood. We are to believe the good news, repent of leading a life based on unbelief, and show fruits indicative of that repentance. When Jesus returns he will resurrect the faithful saints to immortality in the Kingdom of God...the new heavens and the new earth to be established at the end of the current age.
5. According to the Bible, when people die they do not go immediately to heaven, nor to a place of eternal punishing called “hell”. Instead, all except Jesus are currently sound asleep in their graves. When Jesus returns he will raise the faithful dead from their sleep at which time they will be changed from their current carbon-based substance into human beings with “glorified” bodies. Then the rest of the dead will be raised after the initial 1,000 years of the Kingdom of God on earth are completed.
6. Adult, believers baptism in water is an essential part of the process of Christian salvation. It is the example of Jesus and the New Testament Church, and is commanded by them. When a person comes to believe the Gospel of the coming Kingdom of God and repents of sin, water baptism should be pursued as soon as it is possible.
7. Old covenant laws, including laws pertaining to clean and unclean foods and certain "holy days", are not prerequisites of fellowship or being right with God in the New Covenant Church of God.
There, now isn’t that much simpler than what you have heard previously? There is no baffling “mystery” as to how many are in the “God essence” (not a biblical concept); and just straight forward talk about what God has been announcing through the prophets for thousands of years concerning the establishment of His Kingdom on this earth through His chosen Deliverer.
If you are one of those who have been confused by some of the bizarre teachings of our modern day Christian churches and denominations, you're not alone! We are here supporting each other and hope that you will come join us. Surely the lord Jesus will come again soon!
Listed under the "Regions" tab are the cities and towns where we have biblical unitarian friends and contacts. We are focusing primarily here on those who live in cities and towns outside the fellowship area of the larger established congregations already connected with particular biblical unitarian denominations or conferences.
If you agree with the 7 points above, let us know by email or phone if you would like to be connected with any of the nice folks in these areas listed below, and/or if you would like to be added to our list of contacts in your area. Many of our contacts already have home fellowships and bible study groups meeting regularly and would love for you to meet with them. Others have little or no fellowship currently, and would love to hear from any others of like faith living in their area. Click on the "Contact Us" tab for phone and email information.
As additional sources of help and encouragement, we have listed some of the known ministries located in each region.